Oceaneering's core values are at the centre of everything we do, and how we conduct business daily. The safety, health and well-being of our employees, contractors and customers and the public are our number one ethic and will not be compromised. An exceptionally strong and proven HSE track record in our field of business is an absolute must, and shall be an essential daily requirement that shall be worked in strong unison with all our core values.
An equally important and essential function of this position is attitude and includes the following: getting along with co-workers, responding politely to members of the community, working as a team member, functioning well under pressure, responding in a postive manner to supervision, and maintaining inter-office confidentiality.
Other duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Visible safety leadership
- Quality management and strict adherence to performance standards
- Financial oversight and diligence in record keeping
- Collaboration within the Oceaneering organization and use of shared services
- Technical sales and client liason
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for selection and direction of team members for mobilization, operation and subsequent de-mobilization of vessel equipment
- Support for drafting, bidding and subsequent contract cost mitigation, specifications and ork execution for the Survey Service Business Unit
- Interfacing with client and members of the offshore survey operations insuring management of processes and non-conforming events of process
- Audit and ensure accuracy in all reports and logs
- Proposing and implementing changes in processes
- Required to multi-task, using critical thinking and problem solving skills, to foresee and react to project developments
- Tasks properly completed impact greatly on cost containments, efficiency or profitability of operations
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can make a major impact of profitability
- Regularly audit the record keeping of repetitive tasks
- Involves organizing, work prioritization and related skills, and/or a great deal if client and subordinate interface is necaessary to properly complete tasks via teamwork
- Required to work harmoniously with clients, contractors and other employees using the interpersonal skills requires of the work setting
- Work commitments, projects or the general continuity of the job are interuppted as needs dictate
- Requires the ability and willingness to adapt, overcome, and make decisions to make adjustments to the normal job efforts
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demontrate the following competencies:
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsfae conditions, uses equipment and materials properly
- Project Surveying - Develops Survey project plans, Coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress using management of change, completes projects on time and budget, assists Project manager as required
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and peruasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and Grammar, varies writing style to meet needs, presents numerical data effectevely, able to read and interpret written information
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and throroughness
- Business Acumnen - Understands business implications of decisions, displays orientation to profitability, Demonstates knowledge of market and competition, aligns work with strategic goals
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget, develops and implements cost saving measures, Contributes to profits and revenue, Conserves organizational resources
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions, Exhibits sound and accurate judgment, Supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, making timely decisions
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, Accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Projects completed meets or exceeds HSE objectives and targets set by Management
- Number and complecity of projects handled
- Level of clients satisfaction and feedback
- Contribution to system improvements and group development
- Development of repeat or new business through networking or technical sales
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perrform each essentail duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentail functions.
Education and/or experience
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related field or comparable working experience.
- Minimum of ten years progressively responsible experience in Offshore Survey operations, Offshore Survey Management, survey project management, technical support and onshore operations management
- Functional and broad knowledge of subsea construction survey systems and their applications.
- Knowledge of IMCA survey standards and competencies
- Working knowledge of ISO certification and standard QA/QC processes
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Peoplesoft. Operations knowledge of current range of Offshore Survey software packages.